From Artist To Lead
This training in human-centric project management is adapted to the challenges and responsibilities of artistic and technical team leaders in animation, visual effects, and video games.
It introduces the people skills and methodologies to enable future team leaders and experienced supervisors to create an inclusive culture focused on the well-being of their teams while optimizing their performance.
Some of the learning objectives are:
- Accompany team leads and supervisors transitioning into a new role and responsibilities.
- Provide continuous support to team leaders and supervisors who are already in place but are always looking to develop soft skills and processes.
- Develop the human skills to cultivate a team leader mentality adapted to industry realities.
- Share how to create an inclusive wellness culture within artist and technical teams.
- Develop sound organizational management processes.
- Implement stress management practices for yourself and your team.
- Deepen the level of confidence in artistic and technical teams.
The Role of producers
Overview of the role of the producer in immersive industries.
Motivate and appreciate the production team
This training explores two phases of the staff supervision and coaching cycle: team mobilization and team appreciation. These aspects of human management contribute to building loyalty and solidifying ties within the production team. They also increase the autonomy and initiatives of team members and stimulate innovation and performance of the digital creation team.
This training completes the first steps of the supervision cycle, which are planning and organizing the management of the team. It is therefore strongly recommended that you first take the “Planning and Organizing the Management of the Production Team” training before embarking on this course.
At the end of the training, the participant can ask for a Q&A session that will be related to the objectives of this training. During the meeting, he/she will be able to ask questions and discuss with the trainer and the other participants. Before being invited to participate, the participant will have to complete a survey in order to present to the trainer his or her context, issues and needs. No date of these sessions have been determined.
Objectives of this training:
- Relying on work planning and organization;
- Increase the expression of team member’s strengths;
- Directing the team’s work towards the result to accelerate its completion at a lower cost;
- Establish a transparent and clear approach to evaluating results;
- Increase the autonomy and initiatives of team members;
- Stimulate the enrichment of knowledge and the sharing of knowledge;
- Facilitate the integration of new knowledge;
- Motivate and engage team members.
Cégep de Sainte-Foy
Plan and organize the work of the production team
Introduction to the principles of human resources management in organizations.
Steps in the supervision and coaching cycle.
In this training, the participant will tackle the first steps of the supervision and coaching cycle (POMA); planning and organizing the work of the team. Any investment in these steps helps provide the team with the resources and information they will need to perform well.
Management by objectives and deliverables, which is already widely used, will be reviewed before the telemanager appropriates meetings and individual meetings as sources of information and learning.
Cégep de Sainte-Foy